Clear Channel is facing bankruptcy if it can’t pay about $12 billion in debt between now and 2016.
And they can’t buy CBS to save them.
So what are owners Lee & Bain to do?
They’re certainly not going to do local radio.
They’ve got much more ambitious survival plans that will make life tough in local markets.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- When it all blows up for Clear Channel – we now know the real drop dead date.
- The impossible numbers Wall Street is demanding that Clear Channel make every year from now to 2016 just to survive.
- All the details on a coming Clear Channel merger – who, when, how.
- Who would have an interest in merging with Clear Channel.
- Why hundreds of Clear Channel stations may wind up for sale to small groups and individuals.
If you would like to see the Clear Channel merger that is shaping up, click “read more” below.
Learn how to rebrand a radio station around what your station stands for and not what’s on the air. See more “take home” pay from the upcoming Media Solutions Lab January 30-31 in Scottsdale here.
Talk to me confidentially here. I’ve got your back in my witness protection program.