Radio’s two “bad” boys are starting to make it personal.
Clear Channel’s CEO Bob Pittman and Cumulus’ CEO Lew Dickey are getting in each other’s faces.
Forget the wholesale stealing of WABC, New York people now and soon to come by Clear Channel’s WOR.
The developing fight is bigger than that with thousands of employees’ necks on the line.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What will happen when Sean Hannity’s joint Cumulus/Clear Channel contract is up?
- The secret Clear Channel plan to out automated Cumulus to the disadvantage of many employees.
- What ammunition Clear Channel is stocking up on for this battle with Cumulus.
- Why Cumulus COO John Dickey is holding an “emergency” meeting at WABC, New York even as you read this today.
- Cumulus’ next big, bad idea.
If you would like to see the war developing between Clear Channel and Cumulus that threatens thousands of employees, click “read more” below.
Talk to Jerry privately with newstips here.
Fix Subscription Issues here.
Media Solutions Lab Info/Registration here.
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations