This is insane.
Wait until you see some of the self-destructive plans the big radio groups have for slashing sales expenses.
It’s like CBS is acting like Cumulus all of a sudden (wink/wink).
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How CBS panicked just two weeks ago when sales dried up.
- What is the first radio group that will drastically slash its sales force – and when.
- Lew Dickey’s “screw you” to local salespeople – dare I say no more Mister Nice Guy?
- How Clear Channel will doom local radio sales for everyone else – potentially even for good independent groups – with this cockamamie idea.
- Get your first look at the “zero cost” system for selling radio.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Become an annual member and also access 2,666 previous stories, here. Search Stories.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts