What has gotten into CBS Radio lately?
Partnerships with perhaps the worst company in radio (Cumulus).
Talks to explore selling the radio group to that same “worst” company.
And firing personnel “Clear Channel style” as they did before the holidays.
Now, we come to find that CBS in some cases is slashing rates so aggressively that in one major market it is out to put a giant hurt on their debt-ridden competitor, Clear Channel.
It’s dirty pool as you’re about to see.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How CBS Radio is kicking Clear Channel in the nuts in a top station in one of their most lucrative markets.
- You won’t believe Clear Channel’s response – I’m still shaking my head at what that revenue desperate company is doing to respond.
- How CBS has its foot on Clear Channel’s throat and stomping hard – hitting them where they hurt the most – in their debt.
- How Clear Channel’s revenue picture is becoming so bad that the only way to make up for declining revenue is to have continuing layoffs.
- The powerful tool CBS uses to undercut its competitors.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources in my Witness Protection Program contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails from any company that needs to be aired out, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is a $100 award for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
If you’ve been thinking about attending, there are only 2 months until my March 26th Philly conference that is focusing on 7 critical things that will help you become a better broadcaster or digital entrepreneur -- 2014 Media Solutions Conference
- The CBS Merger in Trouble
- The Fate of Walker & Milner at Cumulus
- Townsquare's Rescue Plan
- The Surprise Entercom/CBS Spin-off Buyer
- Less than 2 Months Cash Left at iHeart
- Crackdown on Cumulus Market Managers
- iHeart -- Low on Operational Cash
- Entercom-CBS DOJ Desperation
- Cumulus Cutting Employees’ Pay
- The Acquisition Entercom Does After the CBS Merger