Clear Channel President and CEO John "The Chiropractor" Hogan has now completed an adjustment on his patient.
In one day (yesterday) -- 590 people were fired from Clear Channel. Add this to the 1,800 or so that were cleared out in January and all the "little firings" in between and you can see why Hogan has become the CEO (Chief Execution Officer).
And the term "adjustment" is exactly how Hogan described this mass execution of radio talent to the surviving employees in a company letter:
"In January, we took the first steps to adjust our business to the realities that all media companies face this year. Those actions&hellip
- The 9-year span of listeners that could save radio
- Entercom’s Event Business in Question
- The Sale of Westwood One
- Cox Radio
- Cumulus Without Major Markets
- The Cumulus Motive for Its $100 Million Selloff
- Cumulus Starting to Panic
- Lew Dickey’s Altered Plan for Radio
- What’s Wrong with the Grammys
- Connected Cars & Smart Speakers