Clear Channel President and CEO John "The Chiropractor" Hogan has now completed an adjustment on his patient.
In one day (yesterday) -- 590 people were fired from Clear Channel. Add this to the 1,800 or so that were cleared out in January and all the "little firings" in between and you can see why Hogan has become the CEO (Chief Execution Officer).
And the term "adjustment" is exactly how Hogan described this mass execution of radio talent to the surviving employees in a company letter:
"In January, we took the first steps to adjust our business to the realities that all media companies face this year. Those actions&hellip
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom
- The Demise of the Morning Show
- Trade & Remnant Ads Blowing Up