Get this clown out of his Mist Tunnel.
First, Bob Pittman orders a huge RIF targeting sales managers, their compensation and reducing the number of sellers at a time when he needs revenue increases just to break even.
An estimated 300 jobs were lost and the cutbacks continue.
Now, programming is about to get it big time.
The biggest layoff ever just when competitors are starting to clean Clear Channel’s clock in local ratings.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How regional and major market Senior VPs have already done the dirty work to plan the scope and timing of these layoffs.
- Why corporate has contingencies for two layoff dates – the sooner one being their favorite. I’ve got both for you.
- Their ingenious plan to further gut regional market programming positions even though there are only one or two left for multi-formats.
- Major markets are included – here’s how they decide.
- Why Pittman will then continue to layoff PDs on a here-and-there basis unless this doomsday scenario happens – then as you will see, all bets are off.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Become an annual member and also access 2,681 previous stories, here. Search Stories.
This article was made possible by information close to the layoffs at Clear Channel. When you have news to report, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Follow me on Jerry’s Instagram
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts