Rebranding is the post-consolidation term for format change just as food insecurity is the new term for starving but the end result is the same – yesterday’s change of Audacy’s KAMP, Los Angeles format is a lesson for other hit music stations currently under fire from streaming music services in how not to go from bad to worse.
Radio stations especially hit-oriented music stations that have been pummeled by streaming music services will be shopping for new formats and the AMP rebranding is a model how not to do it.
A much better alternative is right in front of them.
Forward this preview to a friend
Share with Jerry privately here
- iHeart Gaming of Media Monitors Exposed
- 1 Record Label Is Worth More Than the Radio Business
- Radio’s Sudden Rebranding
- The Number David Field Is Hiding
- The Cumulus Struggle to Remain Solvent
- Audacy Burning Through Cash at Record Pace
- Pittman & Bressler’s Fix for iHeart
- Epic Cumulus 1st Quarter Fail, Shakeup
- Audacy Planning More Management Layoffs
- Agent: Radio Talent Book Drops 50%