Rebranding is the post-consolidation term for format change just as food insecurity is the new term for starving but the end result is the same – yesterday’s change of Audacy’s KAMP, Los Angeles format is a lesson for other hit music stations currently under fire from streaming music services in how not to go from bad to worse.
Radio stations especially hit-oriented music stations that have been pummeled by streaming music services will be shopping for new formats and the AMP rebranding is a model how not to do it.
A much better alternative is right in front of them.
Forward this preview to a friend
Share with Jerry privately here
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble