Let’s be honest up front.
Radio, even television and certainly newspapers and magazines are never going to be growth industries again without attracting a significant number of the 80 million Millennials now coming of age.
In fact, they may never be able to attract Millennials to spend less time with on-demand digital alternatives and more time with traditional broadcasting.
But, what traditional media companies are doing right now is throwing in the towel and hoping on a wing and prayer that what they do can morph over to digital devices.
But what broadcasters can do probably better than any other content providers is to innovate new short-form programs and create a second stream of revenue as an insurance policy against their broadcasting prospects in five to ten years.
First, what if I told you that I have discovered the things that turn off essential younger audiences about radio. You would probably say, I know. But did you know that the one thing Millennials crave about radio – that’s right – crave, is morning personalities.
In fact, they even identify some radio stations by the personalities – if they haven’t already been fired – not the call letters or branding which they couldn’t tell you if you put a gun to their head.
So what I’m saying is that even you may be surprised to find out what their turnoffs are and discover a list of what they would really.
I say, let’s learn them and get to it.
Next, if I told you that non-industry entrepreneurs are already making money in video and audio businesses radio stations should be dominating, would it move you to go to school on them?
This is my invitation, then, to meet me in Philadelphia at my next Media Solutions Conference and work with me face-to-face to discover how to attract younger audiences.
Here is the rest of the curriculum:
1. Disrupt Your Radio Station
- Blow it up without losing listeners.
- We clear up how to gain audience by attacking all the things digital age listeners hate about radio before a digital competitor does it.
- Use this plan to drastically alter and destroy the old structure the way Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and Netflix did.
- Turn ordinary radio into new revenue streams.
- Solve virtually every critical objection digital-age listeners have about radio with newfound confidence to innovate.
2. Master Digital
- Learn how people you probably don’t know make millions of dollars in digital without running commercials or even selling banner ads. It is being done right now but traditional media isn’t doing it. Consider this your game plan.
- Reinvent the station website to churn out money. Rethink social media. Forget clicks and “likes”.
- A better option than streaming and a way for your station to become the “Netflix of Radio”.
3. Succeed With New Social Media Strategies
- End radio’s social media slump: Instagram is ousting Facebook. And Twitter is in trouble. Time to alter the way you do social media with this new plan.
- Social Media Shakeup: texting with pictures is where you should be. Fast track it.
- Social Media SOS: social media is no longer just about staying connected so if your radio station is relying on today’s social media, this is a heads up to get with it.
4. Reinvent Radio For the Digital Age
- Shake up the way you do radio to make it a growth industry again. 3 month plan of action to get started.
- Maximize audience and advertisers distracted by digital alternatives.
- Earn an exponential increase in revenue by following this one simple plan that will help you.
- Fiscally responsible alternatives for innovating local radio.
- Learn the most effective approach to reinvigorating a radio station that is under attack from digital competitors. The secret is in one paragraph you will want to memorize as your credo.
- We will brainstorm together on steps that will guarantee that you will find new radio listeners by outsmarting digital competitors.
5. Growth Opportunities in Short-Form Video
- Discover how entrepreneurs are making millions by doing short form video that contains no ads and has no subscription fees. This more than pays for your tuition!
- Target key areas of growth for short-form video.
- The one-stop solution to making social, short-form video for a profit.
6. Engage 80 Million Millennials
- Audience building secrets to engage Millennials and win them back to radio.
- One-Day Life-Changer: Make radio instantly cooler.
- I will share my work in generational media that indicates this young and massive audience is available to traditional media such as radio, TV and the record industry but not by continuing the status quo.
- Come away knowing their hot buttons and their turn offs.
7. Time Shift Radio
- New rules: All content must be available on-demand – everything. The audience is demanding it all and all at once.
- The real solution for creating time shifted radio content.
- Critical question that will be answered: Whether to rely on over-the-air broadcasts for time shifting or create new content.
- Boost revenue by marketing time shifting as a new stream of revenue. Go to school on time shifting.
March 26, 2014 at the Rittenhouse Hotel, Philadelphia 7:30 to 4 pm.
Register today to guarantee a one-time $200 savings.
Event starts with registration and complimentary breakfast. Lunch and all breaks also included. Special lower on-site hotel rate available today, Thursday October 31.
- iHeart, Entercom & Cumulus
- Lew Dickey's Next Venture Heating Up
- Cumulus Troubles
- Entercom in Worse Shape Than Originally Thought
- iHeart Bankruptcy Leaks
- Voice Activated Radio Listening on Smart Speakers
- The Fear of 8 FM Stations Per Market
- Entercom’s CBS Synergies
- Cox Radio – Seller or Buyer?
- iHeart’s New Buyer, Layoffs, the Rise of SiriusXM