Detroit Radio Advertising Group (DRAG) legendary President and COO Bill Burton coined the catchy phrase "An automobile is a radio with four wheels".
True enough to radio people, but if that phrase is accurate then "An Automobile Is An HD Radio Without Four Wheels". In fact, the wheels are coming off.
I say this because something is very suspicious in Detroit. The proponents of HD Radio have relied on support from automakers and marketing muscle from big box retail stores like Best Buy to sell, well -- hardly any HD radios.
If Best Buy, RadioShack and Wal-Mart can't evens sell HD radios then maybe&hellip
- iHeart Playing the Long Game on Selling Out
- Audacy & Cumulus Joining Forces
- Dropping Like Flies at Audacy Midwest
- Rough Times Ahead for Stations Using Ratings
- Cumulus Escalates Management by Fear
- Race to the Bottom on Ad Rates
- DIY Streaming DJs Threaten Radio
- Owners Rethinking the Viability of Conservative Talk
- Cox Employees Leaving for Audacy
- iHeart Accelerates Merging Clusters