Detroit Radio Advertising Group (DRAG) legendary President and COO Bill Burton coined the catchy phrase "An automobile is a radio with four wheels".
True enough to radio people, but if that phrase is accurate then "An Automobile Is An HD Radio Without Four Wheels". In fact, the wheels are coming off.
I say this because something is very suspicious in Detroit. The proponents of HD Radio have relied on support from automakers and marketing muscle from big box retail stores like Best Buy to sell, well -- hardly any HD radios.
If Best Buy, RadioShack and Wal-Mart can't evens sell HD radios then maybe&hellip
- iHeart’s Plan to Take 100% of Local Buys
- Larkin’s Audacy Cuts
- Audacy’s Unspoken Plan to Avoid Bankruptcy
- The Cox Radio Sale Finalists
- The Mother of All Audacy Expense Cuts
- iHeart Revenue Wins at Audacy’s Expense
- The Big New Revenue Source Cumulus is Hiding
- Audacy Faces Bankruptcy Next Year
- Details of Apollo Cox Selloff Revealed
- Apollo Explores Selling Cox Radio