I don’t know how this hits you because we all know owners have been firing personalities to save money, but 50% fewer personalities for a top agency to represent?
Actually, it’s worse than that as I dug deeper and those numbers surprised me as well.
Pittman, Berner and Field have been on a mission to eliminate some of the costly pieces of a radio stations finances – morning talent and the person who hired them.
They’re using a few tricks that are becoming evident that also apply to program directors or content managers – same M.O.
And they’re getting away with it on one level – expenses are being cut.
And they’re failing on another – ratings and billing are down where personalities are being replaced.
Meanwhile there is a new product threat to talk radio personalities from a major music streamer that will arrive soon and it’s not podcasting.
Do you have information you want to share with Jerry confidentially? Email him privately here
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts