Lew Dickey and Bob Pittman didn’t make the list, but who don’t know that?
I’ve got 9 radio companies for you that I would work for and that’s saying a lot. Look, I’m going to be frank about it, but you’ll want to know these groups and why they made the cut for your own personal reasons.
This list is surprising. I surprised myself over the holidays in fleshing out the winners.
And as a program director, I will take the advice of one of my mentors, Paul Drew, who said, “always count down the hits in order” and that’s what I’ve done.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The best group in all of radio has a significant amount of debt – and it hasn’t stopped them from being “the best”.
- Which of the best radio groups is the most unlikely group to be included and what significant reason got them in anyway.
- If you think you’ll be looking for a new job in the year ahead, start at the top of this list and get going. This list is for serious radio lifers.
- Which “shoe-ins” blew it and why you should use caution if you’re considering work at these companies.
- What is the best digital company in radio? In all but one case, digital has nothing to do with the excellence these companies achieved, but guess which one was the exception. Good to know if your future is in digital.
- How many of these 9 can you name – focus on the best.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Join our Witness Protection Program 100% anonymity guaranteed – report news here. $100 NewsTip Award available every month.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
My upcoming Media Solutions Conference in Philly focuses on doing better radio at a time when consolidators are dumbing down and identifying the best opportunities for a digital revenue stream. See the curriculum here.
- The Game Mary Berner is Playing
- iHeart Bluffing Fire Sale
- Unspoken Entercom Financial Problems
- 4 Secrets Cumulus Will Tell the Bankruptcy Judge Dec 21st
- Shocker: iHeart May Default Friday
- The Cumulus Dickey “Poison Pill”
- iHeart in Panic Mode
- 7 Things Cumulus is Not Revealing About Their Bankruptcy
- Entercom's Secret Moves
- 2 More Radio Groups Teetering on Bankruptcy (and Not iHeart)