This week’s sales firings are just the tip of the iceberg.
The Clear Channel sales RIFs (reduction in force) go deeper than the jobs they are eliminating.
Pittman is forcing an entirely new way to handle local radio sales.
Some changes come as soon as next week.
Things are so bad that the survivors of these layoffs are wishing they had been fired rather than work under the conditions that are coming soon to a Clear Channel market near them.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why Clear Channel keeps using the term “flattening” to describe what is going to happen – what’s that all about?
- How Pittman is hiding behind the legal protection of RIFs to winnow out women from his workforce.
- How Clear Channel will handle filling critical must-fill positions.
- Details on sales management, training and oversight changes starting next week.
- Big changes ahead in regional markets that were already ghost towns before these sales RIFs.
- How iHeartRadio is going to rear its ugly head in the new Pittman sales recovery program.
- When the regional sales call centers will get the green light paving the way for the next series of sales RIFs.
- The template for infusing Clear Channel with ad revenue.
- How many months apart will sales RIFs happen between now and the end of the year.
- And the big announcement that adversely affects hundreds of more Clear Channel’s staffers is coming next week.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible from those close to the layoffs at Clear Channel. When you have news to report, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Follow me on Jerry’s Instagram
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities