Podcasting has finally been proven to impact radio time spent listening – we now have supporting metrics that (you guessed it) are being kept secret by the radio interests that funded the study.
Why it matters: Even though iHeart, Cumulus and Entercom without evidence use podcasting as a pivot away from declining radio revenue, they continue to spend large amounts of money on it at the expense of radio jobs and salaries and promote it more forcefully than radio even though they are helping podcasting siphon off time spent listening to radio.
- New metrics on the siphoning of radio listeners to podcasting
- The 4 formats taking the biggest TSL hit from podcasting
- How much of the radio audience is listening to podcasts
- The reaction of radio advertisers
- The one company in the best position to really hurt radio
Read the full article now
Forward to a friend
Even Pittman, Berner and Field have never discovered who my sources are – share information with the highest level of confidentially here