Thought you’d like to know about some improvements in Inside Music Media’s mobile and website.
Here’s how Bob Pittman would introduce it …
“I couldn’t be more thrilled and excited to make these changes to add to our multi-media platform”.
I know, I’m puking as I write this even though I’m kidding.
Actually, we have one website, one mobile product and one crazy guy cranking out deadly honest stuff about the sad state of the radio and music industries as well as some insight about what audiences want going forward.
I have written these daily pieces without missing many days for 6 years including from my bed in ICU recently where I had a facelift.
Okay, I’m lying about the facelift part, but not the ICU part. And I’m great, thank you.
My motto is: “The news watch never works” so I just keep calling out bullshit.
And it boils down to this.
We cleaned up the website and made it more intuitive.
You can now read me on your phone with the same ease as on your computer.
Paul Stern, our amazing designer who has been with us virtually from the beginning of this journey, has outdone himself. Paul’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faster access to stories. If you’re logged in, you go right to it so you won’t be the only person who doesn’t know that Beasley is going to fire the hell out of more people once they take over Greater Media.
- And if you’re not logged in, now a screen comes up that lets you do that with a click.
- I hate the paywall as much as you do. What a pain. But it pays the bills and it works. So, if you log in on your phone and then log in again later on another device that day, you will be shut out. See, the paywall is paranoid and thinks everyone is trying to share passwords and getting around paying for a subscription. Because we upload content generally once a day one or two stories at a time this is usually no problem.
- If you have any subscription problems – and we hope you never do – then you already know you want my wife Cheryl and not me. Hey, I’m just a dj! But she actually has brains. So make a note of her email: email@example.com. She’s much nicer than me. Actually would invite Bob Pittman to a church social. Ah, opposites attract.
- My next conference has its own page – easy to scan. A lineup of topics that speak to the importance of why this is our 8th year of doing it. And yes, there is an almost 50% discount for registering early but why would you want to not pay full price later, right? Updated Conference Page.
- Send a newstip in confidence with my Witness Protection Program. Hey, if you win the monthly tipster award it’s more than Westwood One is paying for voice tracks so don’t knock it. Newstip Page here.
- If I don’t do work for you privately, then you might be interested in what I do to help others. You can guess that I do media work regarding generational audiences but you may not know I also advise people on success after radio for those who actually want to give up stress and low pay. Consulting here.
- You may wait for the daily email to arrive during the morning to access the story of the day, but if you’d like to log in sooner, the story is now usually posted no later than midnight Eastern Time. Early Story Access.
- FREE Samples are always available if you want to give your friends examples of our work. FREE Samples here.
- New subscription screen. We no longer offer new monthly subscriptions but don’t worry, if you are on a monthly subscription plan now and continue it without interruption you are grandfathered in for as long as you like (and your credit card works). The vast majority of our subscribers subscribe annually. You think we’d do this otherwise? The New Subscription Screen. And you can always upgrade to annual at any time here.
- Want to search for the day I predicted Lew Dickey and his crew would be out or that CBS Radio was for sale – and that Lew wanted it. Search over 3,400 stories here. If you’re looking for stories where I was wrong, they were deleted like Hillary Clinton’s emails. No, they are there, too but I’m not giving clues. JerryLeaks.
- How about an Ethics Statement. Yes, this one has run since we started and it lets you know where we stand on writing, reveals potential conflicts of interest (like all that Apple stock I own) but more importantly has pictures of my beautiful bride. And you can skip the jokes about, how did you get her to marry YOU! Ethics Statement & About Jerry here.
- My avocation is motivational psychology. Our free DayStarters daily email has a large following of people who have it delivered to their email every morning. If you’ve never seen it, take a look. You can have it sent to you if you want to take it for a test drive. Take a peek at DayStarters.
- And if you like them, I wrote a book called “Out of Bad Comes Good, The Advantages of Disadvantages”. If you’re cheap, you can read a few sample chapters free. And if you’re cheap and want the book, it’s less than $10 on Amazon through our link. Jerry’s Book is right here.
If you’re still with me, thank you for your support. I take no advertising and I speak my mind. We have thousands of readers and I am proud of that.
I work for you and only you and I love it.
If you ever need me, contact me privately here.
Coming soon I will have another shocking announcement for you – something I think you’re going to like (I love writing teasers, always loved writing liners as a PD).
In the meantime, let’s return to regular programming already in progress.