Right now, iHeart has totally reorganized one of its major market sales forces in a way that is now totally unrecognizable – what are they up to?
You should be aware that something big is going on at one of iHeart’s largest markets.
They have literally renamed every job, physically reorganized the workspace and changed commission structures in an unprecedented way.
All this ahead of implementing programmatic buying at their stations.
You’ll read a few thoughts on …
- How the old selling structure is now gone in favor of one that emphasizes what iHeart wants the most.
- How iHeart is paying generous commissions you’ve probably never seen before to win cooperation.
- The physical and relationship changes of selling.
- How in this big test market the new system followed a cleaning out of the most expensive sales salaries. In other words, even with these large commissions, iHeart saves money from day one by shaking things up.
- You’ll pee your pants when you read what sellers are now called and what a new cheap-cheap para-sales position is named. Classic Pittman.
The answers start here.
Report newstips or suggest a story here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Please save the date -- April 6, 2016 for my next Media Solutions Conference in Philadelphia.
About Inside Music Media: Read by more people than any other media publication of its kind. Contains no advertising. Is insightful, deadly honest, entertaining and informative. Accepts no corporate money. And is beholden only to subscribers.