15 days left until the 2013 Media Solutions Lab in Scottsdale. Info/Register here.
I’ve been working on the Lesson Plan for my upcoming seminar and just wanted to share some of the things I will talk about that can help you disrupt the media business in the coming months.
Changing it, modifying it or keeping it the same just will not work in an era when digital technology and a new generation is impacting the industry.
- Radio that plays only the latest releases from any artist.
- New research that shows how to use two voices to get better ad results (and ratings).
- Build brand names not radio formats.
- A guaranteed way to attract young listeners to radio that they cannot resist.
- Rename your radio station after this big promotion, not the format on the air.
- Go heavily with games and contests. In an era when games drive digital use, radio stops playing them. That’s so wrong. The new age way to do radio games and contests. Maybe even every few minutes.
7. Tell media buyers you will build a digital content site for advertisers spending over X dollars a year.
8. Turn your station into a Preview Channel with this content on it (this alone is worth the conference registration price alone).
9. Kill the hot clock – got the guts? Here’s how to build something money demos will like better.
10. Build revenue streams around content pods.
11. Create your own social media network – Twitter and Facebook won’t do. I did it. I’ll show you.
12. Make station format changes every week (you read that right!).
13. Kill long stop sets with this approach no one has ever thought of.
14. Game the People Meter – outsmart it. It’s easier than you think.
15. Learn from the enemy – what your digital competitors can do to make you stronger.
16. New evidence – what young listeners (two-thirds of the 18-49 money demo for the rest of this decade) want if they are to listen to radio in the digital age.
17. Do an expensive, over the top live 6-hour morning show and then repeat it all day.
18.And here’s one more move to make after that makes you rich.
19. Air programming with no beginning and end.
20. How to play news like a hit record (and I’m not talking about Total Traffic’s news).
21. For increased billing, add your salespeople into content creation.
DISRUPT THE MEDIA BUSINESS!
You can see, I’ve been busy and excited about bringing you the very latest intelligence to get a leg up on the year ahead.
The media future passes through digital content, social networking, short form marketable video and mobile apps.
To succeed in the changing media business, we need to add expertise in these areas now more than ever because the year ahead will be one of great change and many opportunities.
2013 is the year that you must master digital media to be viable, employable and prosperous.
The next Media Solutions Lab January 30th at The Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale, AZ is a meaningful refresher for digital media in the year ahead. It is the most comprehensive, up-to-the-minute source of reliable information for the changing radio, media, digital and music industries.
Our mission is to provide those facing the many challenges ahead with authoritative, cutting edge information to not just survive in changing times, but to thrive.
Here’s the schedule:
8:00 am Complimentary breakfast/registration
9:00 Emerging Trends for 2013 (Jerry Del Colliano)
10:15 15-Min Break/Complimentary Refreshments
10:30 Disrupt the Media Business (Jerry Del Colliano)
11:45 Complimentary Buffet Lunch
1:00 pm 12 Ideas for Success with Millennials (Morley Winograd)
1:45 15-Min Break/Complimentary Refreshments
2:00 Increase Ad effectiveness By 80% (Dan Hill)
2:45 15-min Break/Complimentary Refreshments
3:00 Master Digital Media/Q&A (Jerry Del Colliano)
The Media Solutions Lab is an all-day interactive learning experience in which the teacher and the taught together do the teaching.
Then the next morning, Thursday, January 31st, is the optional Next Day Big Ideas roundtable breakfast where Jerry shares the best new thinking that will help you achieve your personal and business goals in 2013. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served.
Here’s a preview of what you will get at the Media Solutions Lab:
- New evidence that you can now slow the decline of radio audiences and revenues by making a few strategic moves. One actually improves PPM ratings at the same time it commands premium rates from media buyers.
- The biggest digital threat to traditional media in 2013 – not streaming, not mobile, not apps, not websites. It’s critical to know and you will.
- Increase the effectiveness of advertising by 80% to double billing even in a soft economy. You’ll hear Sensory Logic’s Dan Hill outline the plan he put together for Jerry Lee’s B101, Philadelphia. And, boy, is that making money.
- Two new digital strategies that should be added to all media proposals in 2013. Irresistible, easy to implement digital packages worth investing in now.
- What are the most effective new social media strategies. Twitter and Facebook are the wrong direction of where social networking is headed. Hear this and you’ll chart the right direction.
- How to disrupt your radio station before a traditional or digital competitor does. If you take only one blueprint away from this year’s conference, make it this one.
- 5 great new businesses you can start in 2013. All with clearly defined paths to monetization.
- The biggest on-air promotion that can attract lost listeners. Not trips. Not cars. Not even money. Finally -- the PPM-friendly radio promotion that hooks listeners.
- The importance of rebranding in the digital age. We’ll show you how to stop building your brand around what’s on your station and rebrand it around what your station stands for.
- Why the biggest popular music hit of 2012 involved little to no radio airplay. You will reconsider how you choose music and how to play it.
- Think “clicks” are so important to digital media? Hear the latest evidence and you’ll think again. Learn what blows away “clicks” when making proposals to media buyers.
- The awesome power of “Two Voices”. New research shows that two voices are more popular than one and more effective for entertainment and commercials.
- How to attract the next generation – 80 million strong. You could be turning them off instead of engaging new fans. Morley Winograd, an expert on the next generation shares opportunities you will not want to miss.
- Become an expert at video or be left behind. The new rules for video, the space your brand must dominate in the next 12 months.
- How to take an insurance policy out on your career. The skills you will need to make you indispensible in the new age of digital media.
The most important decision you will make about your ability to be viable in this era of great change requires investing just 1 day to guarantee success in the coming year.
The 2013 Media Solutions Lab is 15 days from today.
Reserve a seat here.
Inquire about group sales here.