Apple has given the green light to launch the much-awaited Apple Radio for a winter startup.
Along with greedy record labels, Apple is targeting Pandora and commercial radio.
But Steve Jobs is no longer making the decisions.
And Apple is making some big mistakes.
Here they are and here are the ways to get ready to pounce on them.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why our friends at the major record labels are setting Apple Radio up to fail. Their demands. And Apple is going to give in.
- How Apple Radio will be out of sync with the next generation and what to do about it.
- What is the meaning of “cool” today and why Apple Radio won’t have it, but Pandora still will.
- The music service that will kick all their butts – Apple included. If you take nothing else away from this article, learn from this.
- The one thing a radio station could do right now – months in advance of the Apple Radio launch – to stop the new service dead in its tracks.
If you would like to see the previously secret plans that Apple and the major labels are making to disrupt radio and how to shut them down, click “read more” below.
Where is the one place you get to work across the table with impressive radio and digital media thinkers rather than be lectured by them? The Media Solutions Lab “Strategy Session” January 31 at the Phoenician in Scottsdale. The full program is outlined here. Won’t you join us this year?
Talk to me privately here.
You are protected by my witness protection program – safe, anonymous and confidential -- when you report news here.