I’m back from my annual pilgrimage to Mecca – for me, that’s the Jersey shore.
And, did I return with some observations and thoughts about why traditional media companies are so disconnected from how consumers actually live.
Here’s what I’m vowing to think about.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. There is a major change away from radio for entertainment and information – and it’s all around us. Best not to ignore it.
2. The king of the beach? iPhones, iPads, Kindles, radios? You may be surprised.
3. What’s the latest new use for smartphones? No, not to swat greenhead flies. I think you’ll be fascinated if not blown away by how ordinary consumers have found yet another critical use for their cell phones.
4. How cool mobile devices on a hot beach reveal a major problem for traditional media. And, a few solutions.
5. Newspapers are still dead, right?
6. And Jeff Smulyan is not wasting his time trying to get manufacturers to put FM chips into cell phones, is he?
7. How a bikini clad gal untied the strings to her top to sun her back with the help of – as amazing as it may seem – her iPhone. The sacrifices I make to observe the trends for you!
8. Seriously, I’m thinking about how our audiences are changing. You will, too.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Contact me privately in our Witness Protection Program: NewsTip Hotline.
I am on Twitter & Facebook all day sharing what I hear. Let’s converse.
Registration for my next media conference starts soon. Please save January 30-31.