Today I’m going to answer the question I’ve been hearing a lot lately – how can I work for the jerks that are ruining the radio business.
If you’ve thought of quitting, wait long enough to read this.
And if you think all the pain and suffering of working for people who don’t trust you and don’t care about you is for naught, help has arrived.
So don’t quit -- yet.
1. The line you should memorize and say in the car on the way to work every day that will fundamentally change your attitude about working for incompetents.
2. How would Dale Carnegie tell you to deal with, say, Lew Dickey, John Hogan or their minions? I’ll tell you.
3. An outstanding mantra that when repeated several times a day can make a bad situation better – maybe even more tolerable. Doubt me? Try it for a week and see.
4. The most important thing to do when corporate tries to shut off your brain and make you do stupid things (like being ordered to play the same song on the top of each hour or force you to sell to local prospects they identify from thousands of miles away).
5. How to deal with being fired or demoted. This is more than worth the 27 cents you’ll pay for today’s piece. And I’ll bet you’ll send me an email to thank me for sharing it.
6. How to balance your need to support your family with the growing inability to handle the stress of working for jerks.
One of the benefits of membership is that you get ideas like this to take you to the next level.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.