Forget the petty little b.s. games Bob Pittman, Lew Dickey and the major radio consolidators are playing.
The big boys have different plans.
If you’re worried that CBS Radio may go away, here’s what else you may want to worry about as well.
I’ve tracked 5 “humongous big” and potentially disastrous events that are awaiting the radio industry as soon as the next few years – maybe sooner.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Let’s start with CBS. Do you believe me now that CBS Radio could be in play? That’s not the worst of it – as you’re about to see.
2. Quick – name the one big radio company that’s just sitting there minding its own business waiting to be taken over. No, not Clear Channel or Cumulus. Something major is up with them and I’ll tell you why.
3. Some big corporations have been sniffing around the radio industry lately. I’ve mentioned a few in this space, but take a look at who is interested now – this will totally redefine radio – again.
4. The move to eliminate local radio is under way, but did you know the new plans one group has for non-major market stations? But if you pay attention to how they are redefining their assets right now, you can see radio’s future now.
5. The big kahuna on the sideline. Try as you might, you probably can’t name this big, rich and powerful non-radio man who is getting close to impacting radio in the most significant way. I haven’t let you down yet in seeing the future. This one will say it all.
Only in Inside Music Media can you get intelligence like this.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our Witness Protection Program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – talk to me confidentially here: NewsTip Hotline.