Ryan Seacrest is getting into a new business.
He’s not in enough media deals and apparently has too much free time on his hands.
Seacrest is in talks to help celebrities create photos and videos to share on Twitter.
And why is Twitter interested in Seacrest and the celebs he can attract?
More chances to monetize.
You’ll be hearing a lot more about the importance of celebrities to social networking but I’m going to warn you way in advance that you don’t want to do what they’re doing.
Celebrities can make money from almost anything – and often do. You can’t blame them and I don’t. But the way they use social media and the way everyone else should use it are two separate things.
This new trend toward celebrity-based social media is dangerous and missing the real power of connecting to others.
I’m going to share with our group a handful of immensely more effective ways to make social media pay off now.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. You’re just one quick click from great advice on social networking that even big companies and celebrities are not following.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, this is the kind of reporting you get when you join our group. Let me tell you what questions will be answered:
1. Why the trend toward celebrity in social media is the wrong direction for you. Turn back now before it’s too late. Here’s how.
2. Which comes first – connecting or monetizing? I’ve got some shocking news for you. I’m saying social networking may not be a business.
3. How a hot British boy band is on the brink of turning their growing mass appeal into a virtual junk mail campaign. What they did and what they should do instead.
4. How to kill your social network in one tweet or post. That’s right – the most toxic thing you can do to ruin your social media. So please avoid doing this.
5. If you want to strengthen your social media network almost overnight, this is the best advice I can give you because chances are about 100% that you are making this mistake right now.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,600 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our witness protection program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – talk to me confidentially here: NewsTip Hotline.
Connect with me on Twitter – I share what I’m hearing all day.