It’s bad enough that record labels can get Clear Channel to mandate airplay for certain artists every hour on the hour for days on end.
News that a major artist’s new song is going to become a top 5 featured hit without ever being released or even spending one day on a music chart.
Everyone is supposed to act like they don’t know anything because what is going on is sickening and, frankly, unbelievable.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. You’re a click through away from unlocking the content and getting the full story.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing (you really should – it’s time) and would like to access this story, let me tell you the questions that will be answered:
1. What was in that last minute Clear Channel memo yesterday that once again ordered CHR stations to play a phantom song – no questions asked? I’ll tell you who sent the memo out, too.
2. Where was this “top 5” song on the Mediabase Top 150? I’ve got really good eyes and I’m still looking. Maybe you can help me find it?
3. What Clear Channel gets in return for whoring out its CHR stations again?
4. Ever hear of a song making a Clear Channel top five list and not getting any airplay at all? You’ll hear about it now.
5. What’s going on behind the scenes that Clear Channel doesn’t want anyone to know about this?
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our witness protection program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – talk to me confidentially here: NewsTip Hotline.
Did you know that even thinking you have an edge over others, gives you the edge -- here