One month since Rush Limbaugh called Georgetown student Sandra Fluke a “slut” and “prostitute”.
Lots has happened.
Cumulus is now insulting Limbaugh in marketing its Rush substitute, Mike Huckabee.
Why Clear Channel still hasn’t said a peep and how they are thinking this thing eventually plays out.
But big trouble is still ahead.
If you are already a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Rush Limbaugh’s people have been counterattacking lately by blaming accusers of trying to impede freedom of speech. Is that strategy beginning to payoff?
2. Rush has dinged talk radio, no doubt, but look what Cumulus is doing to the genre in trying to sell their new Mike Huckabee Show as a better alternative.
3. How long before the renegade Limbaugh advertisers return? Here’s an up to the minute head count.
4. First look at Huckabee’s affiliate lineup and ad rates.
5. The chances of Huckabee hurting Rush Limbaugh and what will hurt him even more.
6. Prediction: when the controversy will blow over, when his advertisers will return and what happens next to Limbaugh’s ratings.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join our witness protection program: the smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – NewsTip Hotline.
Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday’s 90th Anniversary of WIP Philadelphia celebration that I was honored to moderate and emcee. Great radio came alive again if only for a few hours. It makes you appreciate the importance of live and local management, talent and sales.
My next Media Solutions Lab is January 30-31, 2013 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ. It’s about media solutions.
Never fear life’s disadvantages again – in fact, you’ll relish them, put them to work for you and be happier and more successful than ever. Discover how in my book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” here. Buy the paperback or download now for under $9.99 here
Talk to me privately here.
Converse with me on Twitter.
Connect on Facebook.