How stupid is a record label that tries to gouge consumers by exploiting the death of a music superstar?
Not as stupid as we might be if we fail on these 5 New Rules of Social Media.
How do you stack up?
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Sony did the opposite of what they should have done. Learn from their mistake and do this instead when faced with a social media crisis.
2. Apple stores have the answer for Sony.
3. How a company that owns the beached Italian cruise ship and Sony Music did the same thing to piss off customers. Don’t do this.
4. How social media – Twitter, Facebook, and networking – has changed in the past year. Keep up.
5. Do you know the new goal of social media? Sony didn’t, but you will.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
My next media seminar …
Next Media Solutions Lab is January 30-31, 2013 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ. Please reserve the date now. 100% of attendees in 2012 said it met or exceeded their expectations. I thank you!
Motivational reading …
Report News …
Always 100% confidential – the safest, smartest newstip network -- NewsTip Hotline
Talk to me privately here.
Converse with me on Twitter.
Connect on Facebook.