Notice how quiet it is out there in radioland?
Not for long.
Clear Channel, Cumulus and one other radio group is hell bent to thin out their workforce even more and put more programming on autopilot.
Here’s what people on the ground are telling me about reductions in workforce at two serial offenders and one new perpetrator.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. If you’re in this size Clear Channel market, look out!
2. My sources close to the action tell me there are big changes ahead for Cumulus clusters and I’ve got them for you right here. And, by the way, is something up with Jan Jeffries?
3. Believe it or not – one radio group is starting to head in the wrong direction. I’ll tell you how and who it is so you can be warned in advance.
4. The two big radio groups that are – so far, anyway – refusing to do any more major downsizing. If you work for them, you can feel safe. And believe me, I don’t use those words very much.
5. The radio group once on the radar screen but lost in space that actually has a chance at a comeback. No promises, but this would be major.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
The smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed – NewsTip Hotline
Next Media Solutions Lab is January 30-31, 2013 at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ.
Talk to me privately here.
Converse with me on Twitter.
Connect on Facebook.