Mandatory changes are weeks away from going into effect.
Changes that will pave the way for even more cutbacks of live talent, especially on morning shows.
With this, Clear Channel will be well on its way to running its prized radio stations on nothing but spit.
Here’s what’s about to happen next.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The big bang – how Clear Channel will expand getting rid of morning talent to pocket the savings.
2. The new systems that will enable a cheap morning show to replace live and local personalities.
3. What the new Programming czar is mandating on local music choice and local content.
4. The new rules for local operation of automated stations – the future for more Clear Channel medium and small markets as well as an aid in reducing major market costs.
5. How they hired what staffers call a “trained monkey” to make all of these new changes work and what they are paying this person to help them fire more people.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Join me at my February 9th Media Solutions Lab in Scottsdale, AZ. More useful ideas in one day than you are likely to gather in an entire year. Topics like: the missing link to make radio work on the mobile Internet; the most important skills you need to come away with for 2012; how Apple will revolutionize radio in the year ahead (and it’s scary); radio as a growth business as advertisers demand digital and on-air listening erodes; the new local; the most endangered format and the one that you should be doing in all genres (we will brainstorm it together); the end of social networking as we know it and what will replace it. And more. Be there.
Here’s what got me through that $100 million dollar lawsuit with Clear Channel and why the Evil Empire lost. The principles are in my new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” at bookstores, Amazon.com or download it now on your Kindle, Nook or iPad, under $9.99 here.
The smartest, safest newstip network – 100% anonymity guaranteed and confidential -- NewsTip Hotline.
Talk to me privately here.