It’s the calm before the storm as radio companies prepare to gut local stations as never before to reduce costs and recast an industry.
Rumblings of more firings at Clear Channel and even Cumulus.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. What ever happened to all those major market managers that met with John Hogan a month ago to take their corporate flash drives back and make cuts? Is the firing still on?
2. Both Clear Channel and Cumulus are likely to continue their cutbacks but one of the two radio groups is going to change its approach to how it fires.
3. Why did Clear Channel really hire former consultant Guy Zapoleon and why did Cumulus really hire former consultant Mike McVay? You’ve only just seen the tip of the iceberg here.
4. The two reasons why Cumulus could lead another massive industry-wide firing before next December.
5. Both Cumulus and Clear Channel have gone as far as they dare go to eliminate local talent and salespeople, right?
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Number one for coming up with new business startup ideas for radio and media people –The 2012 Media Solutions Lab. Attend this year and get yours. Just 33 days left to save $300 on your registration.
No one successful or happy has gotten there by good fortune alone. My new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” tells how you can reset your life and career by taking charge of your destiny and feeding on adversity. Examples. Suggestions. Strategic changes that can be implemented now. Available in paperback at bookstores everywhere, Amazon.com and through your favorite e-reader for under $9.99.Read Jerry’s New Book
Sunshine disinfects the radio industry – My Confidential NewsTip Hotline
Talk to me privately here.