Wait until you see the firings that both Clear Channel and Cumulus have planned for the rest of this year.
I’ve got the playbook for you for what these two companies plan to do – and when.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
CLEAR CHANNEL ...
1. All about the computer upgrade that is coming to Clear Channel stations that will give corporate unprecedented control of local station content in real time.
2. How extensive the use of Premium Choice (canned programming) will be. 25% of all Clear Channel markets? You wish.
3. Clear Channel has 12,000 employees right now. Guess how many will be left in two years. Here’s my best estimate.
4. Why the major market firings that are coming will be even bigger than what we’ve seen in medium and small markets this week. A bonanza for bean counters. And a heads up on when the major market firings will start.
5. Why you won’t be seeing Clear Channel migrating big AM brands to FM so much. There is a reason and here it is.
1. The unanticipated consequences of the massive Citadel firings going on right now. Who has to worry next when the Dickeys finish with Citadel.
2. Lew Dickey is hell bent upon doing something big in 2012 – and he’s not about to let the lives of fired employees get in his way. Here’s what Dickey is after.
3. The hidden problem in the Citadel-Cumulus acquisition that threatens the entire merger. No one talks about this, but it could fatally damage the merger.
4. Who the two most dangerous people in Cumulus really are – and, no – they don’t even have Dickey in their names.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
The best way to build on a radio career is to check out the many new opportunities I will be identifying in the digital future at my 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
There is a chapter in my new book on luck – how, believe it or not, good luck often turns into bad and bad into good. “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” available in paperback or e-reader for under $10 here.
Earning your trust every day on my NewsTip Hotline.
Talk to me personally here.