Okay, we know that Clear Channel is only in day two of its massive firings with more coming in the days and weeks ahead.
And that Cumulus is literally gutting its Citadel stations one at a time until every one is reduced to a tower and transmitter.
So what cutbacks are next?
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. The next potential job category to be drastically downsized may surprise you. They thought they had job security, but Clear Channel came up with this new plan.
2. What one tipster says Cumulus is doing before they fire programming people. A hint: it’s online and not in person.
3. Clear Channel is not through blowing up Metro Traffic. Here’s how.
4. The big bang didn’t happen yet at Clear Channel in spite of the many firings yesterday. Here’s when it will and what kind of blow it will be.
5. Which company is more blood thirsty to keep the firing up – Clear Channel or Cumulus?
6. If you work in sales at Clear Channel you may be safe if you have this one kind of job and may be the next victim if you have the other. I’ll explain.
7. The rest of the radio groups will sit out this massive replacement of local talent with national syndication, right?
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Don’t let consolidators force you out of radio – come to my conference and get positive and new opportunities – The 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
How to rebound from a bad break – my book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” available now in paper and e-reader for under $10 here.
Sunshine kills germs – my confidential Newstip Hotline.
Talk to me privately here.