Cox – considered one of radio’s best groups – is currently under mandate from corporate to tighten up.
That is sending chills through an industry currently being ravaged by Clear Channel and Cumulus firings. And those firings continue as we speak.
Today, I’ve got a look at Cox’s cutbacks for you.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Cox is making some big moves in talent – new formats and letting go a 20-year popular show in San Antonio. How bad is it going to be?
2. Will Cox markets continue to be run by local general managers or has corporate decided to take a page from John Hogan’s regional set up?
3. The Cox severance package – you can now compare it with the ones in place at Clear Channel and Cumulus.
4. The places Cox is most likely to trim. Is sales safe? Doubling up on jobs?
5. The prospect of more voice tracking at Cox.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Come learn with me at my next conference at The Phoenician in Scottsdale February 9th -- The 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
My new book will pick you up and get you motivated for the challenges and opportunities ahead. “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” is now available in paperback or e-reader for under $10 here.
Sunlight cleanses the dirty deals from radio consolidators – my confidential NewsTip Hotline.
Talk to me personally here.