WWWN has less than 2,000 listeners at any given time – in 47th place overall with a 0.2 rating 25-54.
How could something so bold turn out to sound so old.
Considering the rush lately for owners to move AM brands to FM the Michaels fizzle is worrisome.
I’ve got the fixes for Merlin’s Media’s all-news debacle right here – and it’s still not too late.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. There can only be one person in charge and at Merlin you have this.
2. How Randy’s news operations in New York and Chicago actually sound older than its CBS competitors. But here’s the fix.
3. What’s wrong with the formatics? They’re spending money like crazy but not paying attention to a handful of things that could ignite the stations.
4. Why the joke is on Merlin after tricking WBBM into simulcasting on FM, which makes ironically them even stronger. I’ll pinpoint the ways.
5. Why doing NPR on steroids would have worked better. Not too late.
6. The Doomsday scenario – what if all-news doesn’t work. Then, what?
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (almost 1,300 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.