If you think that the only way to get ratings is to game the People Meter, you may be surprised to find that you may be losing fans not just P1s.
Some people think so-called P1s are fans, but they have no face, no humanity.
This morning, I’m going to layout a game plan from which you and your people can brainstorm for ways to make better radio and win ratings. What’s more, this plan will isolate 2 dayparts and aim to deliver 70% of your entire station’s revenue in those time periods.
This article is about how to get better radio ratings …
1. Why developing a daypart that will deliver half of your stations revenue and the lion’s share of the audience is so critical. I’ll explain.
2. How to play lots of music and do personality at the same time.
3. The missing ingredient to spike the ratings.
4. How to develop a second daypart so that you can spend your resources chasing the two shows that will bring you 70% of your revenue.
5. What to do with middays.
6. Edgy night programming. I’ll outline two starter ideas.
7. Should you voice track overnights in this plan that focuses resources on two dayparts?
8. News on a music station – what to do (if anything).
9. Your new key to creating the desire among your listeners so they will not want to tune out.
10. What to do about streaming your station. How critical is it to stream your radio format?
11. What must you do to satisfy an unmet need of radio listeners. Hardly anyone does it. You’ll soon know what it is.
12. Where does texting, Facebook and Twitter fit into better radio ratings.
13. What jocks should be doing online while they are on the air. Most stations have it wrong.
14. What should you do with music sweeps – the Holy Grail of hit radio ratings?
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing to Inside Music Media, today is a great day to start by reading this story – it’s as low as 27 cents a day including access to everything I have written in the last four years.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,200 pieces) and get the next month of my writing included, click “read more” for your choices.