I am often asked which radio group would you work for if you wanted a career in radio. That would be the one with the best management and best chance to succeed.
A lot has happened since I ranked the best and worst including bankruptcies, mergers, key station acquisitions, critical personnel changes and even luck. For four years I’ve been getting hundreds of emails a week on the inner workings of radio’s major groups.
So here is my latest list of the best and worst radio groups.
In this article I’ll reveal …
• What formerly worst group has finally made it to the best list and why they are no longer the worst.
• The top 8 major radio groups -- what makes them strong and what their future looks like.
• The three worst radio groups on the planet – at least in the U.S. You may think you know which three I am talking about but you would be wrong. I’ve got a big surprise for you and I’ll explain why.
• The group I think has the inside track on being the number one best 12 months from now.
• What toxic radio groups to avoid if you’re planning to stick around and have a career in radio.
I start counting down the best and worst radio groups in order – right here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,200 pieces) and get the next month of my writing included, click “read more” for your choices.