So Lew Dickey sweetens the pot and offers Farid Suleman what is effectively $37 a share instead of $31 and suddenly everyone assumes that these two toxic companies wind up as one – in debtors heaven.
Not so fast.
You can believe what you read if you want or you can consider what I am about to share with you and then decide.
This article will reveal the untold story of what is going on behind the scenes in this merger:
1. Farid Suleman’s back room strategy to blow up the latest Lew Dickey attempt to steal his company. All the latest details.
2. Why the news of Dickey’s latest offer was leaked to Radio Ink, a friend of Farid Suleman. Why I think it was done on purpose and I’ll tell you my reasoning. Plus who I think leaked it.
3. Evidence of Farid Suleman’s reluctance to sell and why he appears to be playing along with this second Dickey attempt to make him unemployed.
4. What happens to Fagreed if Dickey wins?
5. Why Citadel is attractive and why Fagreed Suleman himself may have accidently left the door open for archenemy Lew Dickey to steal his company. I’ll tell Suleman’s costly miscalculation.
6. The thing that could actually blow up the Cumulus takeover if it ever happens – something out of the control of Lew Dickey.
7. Why a Cumulus/Citadel merger is a rotten deal for radio, local cities, employees, shareholders – need I go on. We know that already perhaps. But it’s a great deal for someone – and that someone is not even Lew Dickey. In this piece I’ll tell you who comes away the big winner if this marriage gets consummated.
8. Details on the poison pill Fagreed established after Dickey’s first attempt to takeover Citadel. It’s unbelievable and it’s brilliant in a sick kind of way.
9. Can the Cumulus takeover of Citadel get done? I’ll go on the record here.
10. Could it get scuttled? I’ll tell you what I know.
11. What other major radio group is said to be interested in fighting Lew Dickey for Citadel. Read it here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,100 pieces) and get the next month of my writing included, click “read more” for your choices.