In this article, you’ll get deep background on what is really going on with the record labels and predictions about which labels will be sold and how consumer changes may make all that activity moot.
There are 10 predictions plus 3 changes in consumer behavior that will impact the music industry
A sampling …
1. Will anyone buy Warner Music Group and what will happen if they do?
2. In light of the fact that Warner is for sale, what does that mean for EMI which is also rushing to sell? Here is what I think will be the timeline.
3. The back-story – finagling being done by Warner because it knows EMI has to be sold and why all Warner’s maneuvers may blow up in their face.
4. I have a critical prediction about illegal music downloading that will surprise you.
5. Three changes in consumer behavior that are not to be ignored. One has to do with lifestyle. Another with piracy and the third about radio.
This article is about what is really behind the inevitable sale of EMI and probable sale of Warner assets and what it will mean to the music industry.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,100 pieces) and get the next month of my writing included, click “read more” for your choices.