The real merger of Cumulus with Citadel isn’t consolidation like radio used to see in the late 90’s. It’s about a methodical takeover of the radio industry by banking interests who reward losers and punish winners.
This article reveals …
• A slight opening in the exclusive negotiating window Cumulus is paying Citadel for – it could allow a white knight to save Citadel from Cumulus or it could be a bust. Here’s how it works.
• Who could give Cumulus a run for their money at this point.
• Why the banks are hell bent to create yet another heavily debt ridden radio group. It defies logic until you read this.
• The Cumulus end game. Lew Dickey is out shopping for loans to complete the deal, but here is his plan.
• What will the merged Cumulus and Citadel look like? More layoffs? Lots or a few? What will happen to Citadel programming? Management changes. The corporate setup. This describes the net result of the Cumulus-Citadel merger.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,200 pieces) and get the next month of my writing included, click “read more” for your choices.