I’ve got five bold predictions for you in radio, new media and music that I think you’ll want to know.
• Which radio group will start selling stations – possibly as soon as next year – in spite of the fact that station prices will be very depressed and money is hard to come by. Learn why, how much these stations are likely to get plus what type of person is the ideal buyer. You may be surprised.
• The unintended consequence of the new music royalty tax on radio which, as you know, I believe is a foregone conclusion. Here’s my best thinking of when the tax will be settled and when stations will likely have to start paying.
• What’s up with streaming media, an industry that has already been mugged by the music industry royalty tax? However there is a workaround on the horizon. Details follow.
• Apple’s next move. The usual holiday sales should be brisk, but that’s not what I am talking about. There is a game changer ahead that will impact the music industry and terrestrial radio.
• How big will local new media ad sales get? There is evidence that it is surging in some local radio markets, but I’ve got the percentage of all local business that you can expect to go to new media and a time frame.
Read this story today.
Become an Inside Music Media subscriber for as low as 27 cents a day – about a quarter. Get today’s story, the archives and daily email delivery. Sign up here.
Only 10 days left to get the “early bird” $300 discount for Jerry’s 2011 Media Solutions Lab in January. To learn more or register, click here.
Anonymous tipsters copy and paste internal memos or emails here.