I’m often asked to show new options for terrestrial radio stations that could increase audience and improve revenue. I am going to share such a concept with you this morning.
The Non-Commercial Commercial Radio Station as I envision it is one piece of a blueprint that includes seven strategic points.
If you are a subscriber, click through and unlock the content.
If you haven't subscribed yet and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get:
1. The challenges and opportunities of eliminating or reducing commercials as a way to increase revenue
2. How many spots you can get away with. I’ll name the number.
3. What compelling programming you’ll need to emphasize in order to get the best results. Elements that listeners crave.
4. How to lure listeners into paying for memberships to certain content that you can create.
5. The killer app – how to monetize a radio station with more money than you could bring in playing just commercials as your main source of revenue. I name some sample categories.
6. The Zen of a new age radio station – what must it possess or else reducing commercial loads is a waste of time.
7. The right way to do mobile content. Tie-in to on-air personalities or create new personalities for mobile? The real advantage to being a radio station in the digital age (and playing commercials or voice tracking is not what I have in mind).
The game plan begins here.