2014 Media Solutions Conference
March 26, 2014
The Rittenhouse Hotel
What You Need To Know About Disrupting Radio
- How far is not far enough, does it mean risking the audience you already have?
- A totally new way to do commercial clusters, grow revenue
- Best radio programming “hot clock” for the Millennial age
- The new morning show that audiences find irresistible (yes, the one without traffic and often weather – this is disruptive!)
- Fastest way to gain money demo audiences, what they crave
- Boldly fixing listener objections about your station
- Attractive alternatives for music discovery on tightly-formatted stations
- Instant ways to get what you’re doing on-air to go viral without social media
Master Digital – What Works, What’s in the Pipeline
- Put a stop/loss on your current digital plan and focus on just ONE of these sure-thing strategies instead
- Alternative plans for streams that aren’t currently making money
- Stop podcasting, do this instead (and watch the revenue build)
- What’s more saleable than “clicks” and “likes” – here’s your new marketing tool
- How to follow the wildly popular Netflix model and package on-demand content --- not for television, but for radio
- Blow up the station website and reimagine it like this cash cow
- Secrets of paid content and how to profit from it
- How to unlock the revenue potential of iPhone, iPad and Android
- How to hire local talent your competitors discard and start a digital project with them – without doing a traditional radio show or even paying their salaries.
Understanding Social Media
- Replace Facebook as your go-to social network with this hot media site (in fact, why you should never even mention “Facebook” on the air from now on).
- Disturbing new research on Twitter (beware if you are banking on it)
- The 2 hottest new social networks you want to be part of
- Easy ways to utilize texting more effectively
- Latest intelligence on social networking to build audiences (we’re actually getting it wrong)
- The killer social network every station should start if they want influence and monetization
- More on how email and Internet search is selling far more product than social media – and how to take advantage of this trend.
Key Strategies To Protect Your Radio Station
- How to earn 50% of your station’s total billing in just 4 hours
- Why in most cases weather and traffic are a waste of time (there are major exceptions) but … what to offer routinely as exclusive content in its place
- How to do more live and local programming on the same budget as voice tracking
- The 2 things radio must do right now to make it a growth industry again
- Take a first peek at the radio station of the future in the digital age (if you like it, you can have it right now – or your competitor can).
- Cheaper and better alternatives to voice tracking
- How to put a “lock” on your 25 biggest advertisers
- What to do to protect against audience erosion
- How to get advertisers to pay more and actually increase their budgets before ever looking at your ratings (and, yes, and they won’t even insist on digital add-ons, either) – MoreFM owner Jerry Lee in person to tell you how.
- Best thinking on translators/FM sub channels – worth it or not?
- Challenges and opportunities ahead in direct media buying that major groups are set to impose on radio
Expert Advice On Short-Form Video
- Growth opportunities in the hottest area of media content (forget that you’re a radio station and want to amp up your efforts)
- How the entrepreneur I’m going to tell you about makes $3 million a year from short-form video without commercials, banner ads, product placement fees or paid subscriptions – Learn this plan!
- Why you never want to create a video longer than this – the sweet spot for video length this year – yes, it just changed again.
- What is the hottest topic for making money in short-form video – you’ll never guess but the evidence is growing.
- How to monetize, market and distribute video mobile content
Latest Breakthroughs On Attracting Millennials
- Their hot buttons, turn-ons/turn-offs
- The 2 most important things you can do to make Millennials like what you’re doing on the air. Just this one change can mean tens of thousands of new listeners.
- How to use Millennials to get to “older” audiences (right from the Steve Jobs playbook)
- Creating a civic focus that Millennials cannot resist
- Getting ahead of changes that streaming music services like Pandora, Spotify and coming soon, YouTube are making without making the mistake of being too much like them
- Music discovery vs. repetitive hit list – the most effective approach
- Latest changes in attention span habits you must know before creating content for Millennials
Tackling Time Shifting Radio
- How to make the most sensible decisions about content on-demand that today’s audiences expect
- How to take a page from the wildly popular Netflix inspired habit of “binge watching”. There is a radio equivalent.
- Whether to rely on over-the-air broadcasts for time shifting or create new content – answer this right and you’re off and running.
- How to create “anytime” morning shows that are loaded with revenue potential – this will make you love Millennials who started the time shifting craze.
- How to differentiate on-air sales and marketing from monetizing time shifted content
Expanded Group Questions & Answers
- Get specific so you can have the questions that matter most to you answered
Stay onsite at The Rittenhouse Hotel. Call 800-635-1042 and mention the "Media Solutions Conference"Find Nearby Hotels