My sources say that conversations are now underway as part of a series of Clear Channel management conference calls to move up the company’s usual end of the year reduction in force to the first quarter of 2013.
This has many serious ramifications for Clear Channel employees.
I wanted to get the information I have gathered out to those affected and to employees of other radio groups who are also feeling financial pressure to fire employees.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How soon could the end of year cutbacks (usually 3% of the workforce) be moved up.
- Does that mean that the traditional holiday firings are off.
- What’s the trigger that Clear Channel is waiting for to advance the firings.
- Who will be included in the hurry-up firings – the positions easiest to eliminate quickly.
- How massive would this staff reduction be.
If you would like to see the contingency plans Clear Channel has to move up their usual Fall firings, click “read more” below.
Talk to Jerry privately here – it’s always kept confidential.
Fix Subscription issues here.
Media Solutions Lab Info/Registration here.
- 5 Predictions About the Future of Cumulus
- So Profitable iHeart Will Start Firing Again
- The CBS Radio Spin-off Now
- The REAL Reason Entercom Revenue Is Up
- iHeart Prepares to Shake-Up Account Execs
- Same Old Cumulus: Fired By Phone, In Hospital
- Why iHeart's May 6th Court Date Is So Critical
- Major Shakeup Coming To Cumulus Programming
- The Sudden Rush To Tie-Up Radio Talent