My sources say that conversations are now underway as part of a series of Clear Channel management conference calls to move up the company’s usual end of the year reduction in force to the first quarter of 2013.
This has many serious ramifications for Clear Channel employees.
I wanted to get the information I have gathered out to those affected and to employees of other radio groups who are also feeling financial pressure to fire employees.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How soon could the end of year cutbacks (usually 3% of the workforce) be moved up.
- Does that mean that the traditional holiday firings are off.
- What’s the trigger that Clear Channel is waiting for to advance the firings.
- Who will be included in the hurry-up firings – the positions easiest to eliminate quickly.
- How massive would this staff reduction be.
If you would like to see the contingency plans Clear Channel has to move up their usual Fall firings, click “read more” below.
Talk to Jerry privately here – it’s always kept confidential.
Fix Subscription issues here.
Media Solutions Lab Info/Registration here.
- Cumulus To Punish Employees For Massive Revenue Decline
- The Terminators Next Layoffs At CBS Radio
- Hubbard Said To Be Buying Again
- Dickey's Done – What Cumulus’ 9% Drop In Revenue Means
- Herman Turns the Knife Toward CBS’ Best Formats
- CBS Doing the “Black Hat” Work For the Dickeys
- Cumulus Panics -- Can't Cover Westwood One Firings
- Big Radio Ownership Changes Coming
- CBS Preparing For Massive Station Sale
- Herman To Combine Market Managers & DOS